DATE OF INITIAL PUBLICATION: 29 October 2021
LAST UPDATED AT: 29 October 2021
Welcome to FUNRISE Platform (hereby also referred to as «FUNRISE»), operated by «Entropy Media B.V.», a company incorporated and operating in Netherlands (hereby also referred to as «Company», «Copyright Holder», «we», «us», and «our»).
FUNRISE platform is available online at the website https://funrise.io (hereby also referred to as «Website») and/or via mobile applications which can be downloaded at various digital stores.
“Personal Data” generally means any data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, crypto wallet address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.
“Anonymous Data” means data, including aggregated and de-identified data, that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons.
We collect and process Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
Party responsible for collecting, processing, storing and using your Personal Data is «Entropy Media B.V.».
The legal basis for us to process your Personal Data is the agreement (Terms of Service) that you have with us as well as us providing Service to you. However, you at all times have the right to revoke your consent for the Personal Data processing and forbid us from processing your Personal Data using methods described further in this Policy.
Types of Data We Collect
- Information you provide us with.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, phone number (s), login and password used for creating an account at FUNRISE (“Account”).
- Our Service lets you store preferences such as the way your content is displayed, your location, safe search settings, notification settings, and favorite widgets. We may associate these choices with your ID, browser or mobile device, and you can edit these preferences at any time.
- When connecting to our Service via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may receive this identification and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your device operating system and version, its product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Service.
- We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Service that state that Personal Data is being collected.
- Information Collected via Technology.
As you interact with our Service, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
Information Collected by FUNRISE Servers. To make our Service more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, domain name, wallet type, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
Log Files. We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Service, track Users’ movements around the Service, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Service to our Users’ needs.
We use session cookies to recognize that you have already visited individual pages, or that you have completed certain tasks or reached certain goals. These cookies are strictly necessary and automatically deleted after leaving the Service.
In addition, to improve usability, we also use “Performance” or “Analytics” cookies that are stored on your device for a specified period of time, typically 30 days. If you access the Service again, it will automatically recognize that you have already been with us and what inputs and settings you have made, so you do not have to re-enter them.
We also use “Performance” or “Analytics” cookies to statistically record the use of the Service, and to evaluate that use for the purpose of optimizing the Service. These cookies allow us to automatically recognize that you have already been with us when you once again access the Service. These cookies remain on your computer after you close your browser until you delete them.
We also may use “Advertising” cookies designed to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They help to display advertisements that are based on your inferred interests, prevent the same ad from appearing too often and ensure that ads are properly displayed.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer (refuse all cookies) or set your browser to provide you with an indication when a new cookie is created.
Please take into consideration that disabling cookies completely may mean that you will not be able to use all features of the Service.
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) or similar feature that signals to websites that a User does not want to have his or her online activity and behavior If a website that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s User. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. Because there is not yet an accepted standard for how to respond to browser DNT signals, we do not currently respond to them.
We may also use other technologies such as Local Storage and Pixel Tags. “Local Storage” is an industry- standard technology that allows a website or application to store and retrieve data on a person’s computer, mobile phone or other device. We may use device or HTML5 Local Storage, caching or other forms of Local Storage to store your preferences, help us remember certain information about how you interact with the Service or display content on the through the Service based upon what you have viewed on various other websites. We may also use “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (individually or collectively, “Pixel Tags”) in connection with the Service to collect usage, demographic and geographical location data. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel, that is ordinarily not visible to you and may be associated with Cookies on your hard drive or Local Storage. Pixel Tags allow us to count the number of users who have visited certain pages or parts of the Service, to deliver branded services and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. You also can typically remove and reject Local Storage from the Service with your browser Many browsers are set to accept Local Storage until you change your settings. If you remove Local Storage, it could affect how the Service work for you.
- Information Collected from Third Party Companies.
We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from companies that provide our Service by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on our Service. In particular, crypto wallets provide us with your address and certain other information you choose to share with them. These third-party companies may supply us with Personal Data. We may add this to the information we have already collected from you via our Service in order to improve it. We do not collect Personal Data automatically, but we may tie the information that we collect automatically to Personal Data about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
Use of Your Personal Data
- General Use.
In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- To facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our Website;
- To identify you as a User in our system;
- To provide improved administration of our Service;
- To provide the services you request, including but not limited to facilitating your cryptocurrency transactions through crypto wallets;
- To improve the quality of Service; to evaluate our system’s security and stability;
- To protect you and other Users from any conduct that violates the Terms of Service or to prevent abuse or harassment of any User;
- To prevent, detect, and respond to illegal or unauthorized activities;
- To display your username next to the digital assets you wish to sell on FUNRISE;
- To send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- To send you e-mail notifications related to actions on Service, including notifications of offers on your digital assets;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To provide customer support;
- To comply with legal requirements;
- To make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback;
- To send letters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Service and for other marketing purposes of FUNRISE.
- Anonymous Data.
We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Service and improve Service navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and to disclose Anonymous Data to third parties without restriction.
- Disclosure of Your Personal Data.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Service that we offer you at FUNRISE; to perform quality testing; to provide technical support.
- Third-Party Wallet Extensions. For executing cryptocurrency transactions, we may use third-party digital wallet extensions such as (but not limited to) MetaMask; your interactions with third-party digital wallet extensions are governed by the applicable privacy policies.
- Your Options regarding information that FUNRISE provides you with and the ways FUNRISE contacts you and interacts with you.
In accordance with GDPR, we use the so-called Double Opt-in method. We will only send you email if you confirm by clicking on a link in our notification email that you are the owner of the given email address. If you confirm your email address, we will save your email address and the time of registration until you unsubscribe. You can unsubscribe from email at any time, except that we may still send you an email if you request a password reset. A corresponding unsubscribe link can be found in every email. A message to the above or in the specified contact information (e.g., by email or letter) is also sufficient.
- Data Access and Control.
You can view, access, edit, or delete your Personal Data via your Account settings page. You can also make choices about the ways that FUNRISE uses your data.
- Data Access. You can access your Personal Data on your account settings page.
- Data Portability. You have the right to request information about your Personal Data processed by us. In particular, you can request information on the processing purposes, the category of Personal Data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the right to rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of the right to complain, the source of their data, if not collected from us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about their details.
You can request a copy of your Personal Data by contacting us at email@example.com and including "Please send me my Personal Data" in the subject line. FUNRISE will verify your ability to access that email, then send you a digital export of the data we hold that is associated with your email address. We will use reasonable efforts to respond to your request within 7 days, but in all events within 28 days of our receipt of the request.
- Data Erasure. You can delete your Personal Data on your Account settings page. Alternatively, you may request that FUNRISE deletes your Personal Data by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and including "Please delete my Personal Data" in the subject line. FUNRISE will verify your ability to access that email, then delete the Personal Data associated with your email address. We will use reasonable efforts to respond to your request within 7 days, but in all events within 28 days of our receipt of the request.
Note that the Service employs Smart Contracts that collect information that is then stored on a Block Chain that we do not control. If you use the Service, you are consenting to allow your information to be cryptographically transmitted and stored on that blockchain, and any deletion or modification of that information (to the extent possible on a blockchain) is governed by the terms of the relevant Smart Contract.
- Data Correction.
You can modify your Personal Data on your Account settings page. You may demand the correction of incorrect or complete Personal Data stored with us;
- Data Retention.
- Data Protection.
We care about the security of your information and use physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Website.
In addition, we use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. In general, this is a 256-bit encryption. In addition, we take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your Personal Data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved.
However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
We may suspend your use of all or part of the Service without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. You understand and agree that we may deliver electronic notifications about breaches of security to the email address and /or phone number that you provided to us.
If you have created an account, access to this account is only possible after entering your personal password or through your phone number. You are responsible for maintaining the security of and the information in your Account, including your password and phone number. You should always keep your access information confidential and close the browser window when you stop communicating with us, especially if you share your computer with others. Any transmission of your Personal Data is at your own risk and we expect that you will use appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Data.
- Data Storage. The servers on which user data is collected, stored, and used are located in Netherlands.
- A Note to Users Outside of the Netherlands.
- Withdrawal and Rights.
You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct mail. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying any particular situation.
You also have the right to revoke a consent for processing your Personal Data that you have given to us at any time. As a result, we will not continue your Personal Data processing for the future. By the revocation of your consent, the legality of the Personal Data that has been processed before the revocation is not affected.
If you would like to exercise your right to revocation or objection, please send an email to email@example.com.
- The Service we provide is intended solely for adults and for adult use. We do not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 18. If a parent or legal guardian becomes aware that his or her child is using our services, or has provided us with any personally identifiable information, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with any personally identifiable information, we will promptly delete such information along with the child’s account.